The FIU Medical Library offers full-texts for many medical journals and articles.
Did you find the article in PubMed?
Here are the steps to find out if the library has the full-text for the article you need.
NB. For this you will need to install the library toolbar on either FireFox or Chrome. (IE is not supported.)
- Get the PMID (PubMed ID).
The PMID is a unique identifier for an article indexed by PubMed and found in any PubMed record as shown below.
- Copy the PMID.
- Go to Citation Linker.
- Paste the PMID into the PMID field as shown below.
- Press "Look Up".
- The Citation Linker will display links for Article and Journal if the full-text of the article is available from the library.
- Click the 'Article' link to get hte full-text as shown below.
- What if the result says there is no full-text?
The library can get a copy for you through the interlibrary loan.
Fill out the Article Request Form and make sure to include the PMID of the article you want.