Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
All links go directly to the following organizations' COVID-19 content.
National News Sources
- The British Broadcasting Network is a reliable source of news and rigorous journalism based in the UK has been around nearly a century. Click this link for coverage on the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Public Radio is a reliable source of news and rigorous journalism based in the US has been around 50 years. Click this link for coverage on the current COVID-19 public health crisis.
Human Rights Watch
- Human Rights Watch is an international non-governmental organization that conducts research and advocacy on human rights. Use this to find information about Chinese news coverage of the outbreak.
The New Humanitarian
- The New Humanitarian specializes in journalism about people affected by humanitarian crises around the world. Coverage on the COVID-19 outbreak can be found here.
Xinhuanet (in English): News from China
- Xinhua News Agency or New China News Agency is the official state-run press agency of the People's Republic of China.
- The BMJ is targeted towards healthcare professionals, students, and medically-interested lay-people and usually requires a subscription. However, it’s made it content about the virus available for free.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control is a national agency on the frontlines of the current pandemic that is coordinating expert advice from medical and public health professionals and advising healthcare works on dealing with the crisis. It also has helpful information for the public.
- STATNews specializes in journalism about health, medicine, life sciences the business of healthcare. It devoted a large section of its current website to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The World Health Organization is an international agency on the frontline of the current pandemic that is coordinating expert advice from medical and public health professionals and advising national health agencies dealing with the crisis. It also has helpful information for the public.
U.S. Federal Government
Government Publishing Office (GPO)
- The GPO's GovernmentBookTalk website has compiled links to information on the coronavirus pandemic from various government agencies. (The Government Publishing Office has as its mission to serve as official, digital, and secure source for producing, preserving, and distributing official Federal Government publications and information products for Congress, Federal agencies, and the American public.)
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199