Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
If you have any questions about RefWorks, contact your librarian Frank Fajardo (305) 348-1464 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you need additional assistance, contact the RefWorks Support Team. Email them at email@example.com or call them at (800)-521-0600 ext. 74440 or (734)-997-4440. Support Team Hours are Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm (Eastern Time)
For more information and training material, visit the RefWorks Support Page by clicking here.
This sample paper is used for instruction purposes only.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is an online citation management tool used to:
· organize your citations,
· save time when writing papers/manuscripts/publications,
· collaborate with others; and,
· generate bibliographies and citations in multiple citations styles
Refworks: Creating an Account
Register for the FIU Refworks Account
Where Do I Go to Register?
It is recommended to register for Refworks when you are on campus and connected to the Internet via the FIU Wireless or landline connection.
- Open your web browser and go to the FIU Refworks link:https://refworks-proquest-com.ezproxy.fiu.edu/signup/institutionalSignup/
- Make sure the screen shows Florida International University.
- If so, click "Create a New Account."
- Make sure to use your FIU email address
[Create your account with your FIU e-mail on campus and no group code required.]
RefWorks -- an online research management, writing and collaboration tool -- is designed to help researchers easily gather, manage, store and share all types of information, as well as generate citations and bibliographies.mobile-friendly site
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199