Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
Highlighted Electronic Resources
View our Medical Library's A-Z Database List (170+ health sciences resources). By default, they are listed alphabetically. If you wish, you can sort them by subject, database type, and vendor/provider. Keep in mind that these are health sciences resources the Medical Library has chosen to highlight. Once you have an Active Directory account and we have created you Library Account, you will have access to more than a thousand other electronic resources from FIU's Main Library's A-Z Database List, (1,100+ multidisciplinary resources from the Green Library).
View our wide selection of mobile apps and follow their individual set-up instructions on our Mobile Apps Library Guide.
Find It @ FIU (Citation Linker) for Known-Item Searching
If you know the title of the article, a unique identifier (ex PubMed ID), or some combination of author, journal, and year, you can try to quickly get full text from filling out a form called Find It @ FIU. It attempts to link the citation information you enter to the full-text of the article, wherever it lives on the Web. Instructions are on our Find It @ FIU Library Guide.
- For clinicians who do not have access to a library at their own institution, if we do not subscribe to the publication source, FindIt@FIU should allow you to automatically generate and interlibrary loan request.
- NOTE: Clinicians who have access to a library at their own institution must submit interlibrary loan requests to their own hospital librarians.
If you do not have access to a librarian at your own institution (hospital, clinic, practice, etc...) you may request the following services...
- Interlibrary Loan
- If we do not own a book or subscribe to the publication that has the item you want, we may be able to get it for you from another library. You can do this submitting an interlibrary loan requeste. Instructions are on our Interlibrary Loan Guide. If you work at an institution that has a library, you must submit your interlibrary loan request to your hospital librarian.
- Request a Literature Search
- You can request a brief literature search by using our Literature Request Form. Pleas note, the FIU Medical Library does not perform literature searches for clinicians who have access to their own hospital librarians.
Meet with us Virtually
Meet with one of us in a via a web conference platform called Zoom to video chat with us and share screens. Set-up instructions can be found on our Zoom With Us Library Guide. You can also call us with questions: Rebecca Roth (305-348-0680), Frank Fajardo (305-348-1464)
Meet with us On Campus
We prefer that you make an appointment ahead of time, but we do accept walk-ins if we are not otherwise engaged. Instructions for visiting the campus and parking are on different tabs of this guide.
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199