Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
Forgot Your Account?
- NOTE: If you have forgotten your e-mail, username, and password, you must work with the Office of University Technology Services (aka UTS). This is not something the FIU Libraries can assist you with.
Reset Your Password
- On your own:
- If you have forgotten any of the components of your FIU Account (FIU e-mail, username, password, and/or PantherID), you can recover them by going to https://login.fiu.edu and using the Forgot Password recovery option.
- If the system still cannot find you (possibly because you have forgotten which recovery data you originally supplied), it will ask you to provide further information about yourself.
- With the help of UTS
- To reset your password, you can also call UTS at 305-348-2284. For password resets, the recorded answering system will prompt you to press “1”. You must wait for the recording to finish giving you that option before dialing this option.
- If you are unable to answer the automated questions, you will eventually be transferred to a live person who can assist you.
E-mail Timed Out?
- If you have not used your FIU account, e-mail, or library account in the last six months, you may get an error message when you login to view the library's electronic resources. If this happens, you will have to reset your password.
- This is because FIU users must change their passwords every six months. You will be informed via your FIU e-mail 10 days ahead of time. (Starting ten days out, you will get a reminder e-mail every day). If you are not in the habit of checking your FIU e-mail, you will miss this notification.
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199