Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
EndNote comes in two versions, (a) the possibly-free desktop/laptop version or (b) the definitely-free, albeit more limited, online version called EndNote Basic.
EndNote Basic (Online Version)
- Create a free library cloud account on http://myendnoteweb.com and access your "library" of saved references anytime and anywhere via an Internet browser or iOS app.
- Consider creating a free online account first. Then decide whether to install the client version. Here are some reasons you might decide to upgrade: http://endnote.com/product-details/basic. Your online account will then become your cloud storage for your client version. You'll also want to keep your online account because it facilitates library sharing between users.
EndNote Desktop/Laptop Version
- If you are a member of the Herbert Wertheim College of Meidcine (HWCOM) it is free for your office workstation or FIU-issued laptop. If you wish get EndNote installed on your computer, contact the HWCOM IT department.
- Personal copies are only $20. FIU affiliates (students, faculty, and staff) can buy a personal copy from PantherTech for only $20 (FIU gets it for you at a fraction of the price).
- Create a corresponding online account on http://myendnoteweb.com to (a) sync your computer's library to the cloud so you can view your articles from anywhere, (b) back-up your library, and (c) share your library with collaborators. This online account is the same as the free, EndNote Basic account.
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199