Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Medical Library
About DynaMed Plus
EBSCO Health (about) produces several point-of-care-resources, including the widely used the Medical Library pays for the DynaMed (about) which allows you to find quick answers to clinical questions by searching through or browsing thousands of topic overviews, summaries, and recommendations, with links to supporting literature. FIU users can also download and use its corresponding app called DynaMed Mobile (about)
- You should not have to pay to download the app.
- Once you have followed one of two options below, you can use the DynaMed Plus Mobile App regardless of who is providing your internet connection.
Remember, you can always access the online browser version by clinking on this DynaMed (via the FIU Medical Library) link. Below are instructions to download and set up the app version on your mobile devices.
If you already have a personal DynaMed account, download and open the app on your device and sign in. If you do not yet have a personal DynaMed account, follow the instructions below.
- Download the app but do not start within the app itself.
- Go to DynaMed Online via our website by clicking on this DynaMed (via the FIU Medical Library) link or by going to the Medical Library Homepage and using the following path: Medical Databases > D > DynaMed.
- If you are off-campus and have not already been prompted to sign into a library session with your FIU credentials, you will be asked to do so now. (This is especially important if you are an affiliated community-based faculty member or medical resident). If you are on our campus Wi-FI or on a campus computer, you may be able to skip this sign-in step).
- Once on the DynaMed home page, click the “Sign In/Create an account” tab, which appears in the blue banner at the top of the page. If you do not see the option, make your browser window larger. It also appears lower on the page on the left-hand side.
- When you click “Sign in/ Create an Account", you will be taken to a form to create an account. You must use your FIU e-mail to create your account so that EBSCO Health recognizes you have access to its product via your affiliation with FIU.
- Be sure to remember the credentials you create here.
- DynaMed will send you an e-mail with a link to activate your account. You will have 72 hours to do so or you will have to repeat the process.
- Open the DynaMed app on your phone and choose the "sign in" option
- You will be asked how much content from our DynaMed subscription you would like to download to your device. You always have the option to change this to more or less depending on your need and your device's storage capacity.
- You should now be able to the app version of DynaMed.
If you wish to view the instructions that DynaMed provides on its website, go to https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/How-do-I-install-and-authenticate-the-DynaMed-app-on-my-mobile-device?language=en_US
||The online version (via your internet browser) is also available to users via our Medical Library's institutional subscription.
||There is a corresponding app that you can use because it is tied to our institutional subscription.
||You need to create a personal account to use the mobile app.
||You must use your FIU e-mail to set up your account/app.
305 348-1466 (phone)
305 348-0631 (fax)
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199